Welcome to the Vapor Puffs guide on how to use the KTS Mechanical Mod Vaporizer! In this guide we’ll be giving you a basic introduction to the KTS Mechanical Mod parts as well as a step by step guide on how to assemble and use the KTS Mechanical Mod.
What is the KTS Mechanical Mod?
The KTS Mechanical Mod is a telescopic mechanical body that connects to your battery and atomizer of choice. You might be asking, what does that mean? Well, to start the term ‘telescopic’ means that the body has the ability to extend or retract, allowing you to use almost any battery size available. The term ‘mechanical’ tells you that there are no electronic components in the vaporizer, it’s entirely analog.
“So, what are the parts?”
- KTS Body – The first part is the body itself, a large shell that will contain your battery.
- Ignition – Sticking out from the body is the ignition, this is the part you will push down in order to start the heating element. Attached to it is the safety, which, when spun counter-clockwise, will stop you from being able to push down the ignition. Just spin it clockwise to unlock when you’re ready to vape!
- Telescopic Tool – Above that you’ll find a detachable silver piece that you can turn clockwise and counter-clockwise to adjust the size of the vaporizer. Spinning it counter-clockwise will lengthen the KTS and reveal another layer underneath. That layer can also be spun to extend the size of the body.
- Airflow Control – This piece is where the air will be coming through, the three holes you see on it are vents that allow air to pass through when you’re taking a pull from the mouthpiece.
- Heating Element – This piece looks like a tube inside the atomizer you attach to the KTS. You should notice a little hole on the tube, inside of which are wicks that allow the heating element to vaporize the eLiquid it touches. The KTS also comes with a backup heating element.
- Mouthpiece – You’re going to put your mouth here.
If you bought the special edition of the KTS Vaporizer, you’ll find an X8 Atomizer as well that wasn’t covered in the above breakdown. We’ll explain how to use it further below as we get into our next section.
How to Use the KTS Mechanical Mod Vaporizer
Okay, so you’ve got your KTS Mechanical Mod. For simplicities sake, i’m going to assume you’ve got the X8 atomizer that came along with it, which looks like the atomizer you’ll see below.
But first, before we can get to the atomizer- we need to place the battery into the KTS body.
- Placing the Battery Inside the KTS
Like the assumption i’m making with the atomizer, i’m going to assume you’re using the 18650 batteries that came with the KTS.
We recommend you make sure the safety is tightened counter-clockwise so that you can not push down the ignition.
First, you’re going to disconnect the airflow connection from the KTS body. Next, place the battery inside the KTS body (make sure you place it with the negative side going into the KTS body, and the positive side sticking out on top). Now, if you hold it sideways with the ignition on the left side and the opening for the battery on the right, you’ll notice that on the right side of the body there is a small piece you can spin. Spinning this piece will extend the size of the KTS body, allowing you to reconnect the airflow control. If extending that piece isn’t enough, you can also spin the layer underneath it to further extend the body, which you will have to do if you’re using the 18650 batteries that came with the KTS. You don’t have to be precise when you’re extending the telescopic tool because after you reattach the airflow chamber you can go ahead and retract it as much as you need to tighten it up to your preference.
If you’re using a battery that didn’t come with the KTS, the process is the exact same, the only thing that will change is the size of the KTS body after you’re done using the telescoping tool.
- Reattach the Airflow Chamber
This part is pretty self explanatory, just reconnect the airflow chamber back onto the KTS body over the battery. Feel free to tighten the KTS to your liking. If you took apart any of the other attached pieces (such as the heating element, mouthpiece, or atomizer) reattach them as well. The heating element connects into the airflow chamber, and the mouthpiece attaches to the heating chamber with the side containing the black ring going into the heating element.
- Make Sure the Atomizer is Firmly Attached
Assuming you’re using the X8 Atomizer, there is a little screw that should now be sticking out of the side of the atomizer, above the airflow chamber. Make sure this is attached tightly so that you can’t easily pull off the atomizer and have your eLiquid spill out everywhere, like all over your favorite shirt.
- Fill The Atomizer with eLiquid
On the X8 Atomizer, you’ll be filling the eLiquid by loosening the screw on the top of the atomizer and dripping your eLiquid into the hole hidden underneath. You don’t need to remove the mouthpiece in order to fill the atomizer if you’re using the X8. Be aware that the capacity for the X8 atomizer is 2.5ml.
After you’ve finished filling the atomizer, put the screw back on and tighten it firmly.
- Begin Vaping
With everything put together, loosen the safety to allow for the ignition to go as far down as the safety will allow. Put the mouthpiece to your mouth, take a pull while holding down the ignition, and there you have it. The vaporizing process should begin and you should be vaping with ease.
Thanks For Reading Our Guide on How to Use the KTS Mechanical Mod Vaporizer!
We hope you found our guide helpful and informative. We love the KTS Mechanical Mod and we hope you’ll love it too.
Buy it here: KTS Mechanical Mod Vaporizer (Special Edition)