Guide: How To Use The Snoop Dogg G Pen Herbal Vaporizer Kit

Welcome to our Guide on how to use the Snoop Dogg G Pen Herbal Vaporizer Kit! In this post we will go into detail about the specific parts of the Snoop Dogg G Pen Vaporizer, along with showing you how to use it properly and efficiently.

What is the Snoop Dogg G Pen Herbal Vaporizer Kit?

Before delving into how to use the Snoop Dogg G Pen, we’ll start off by defining it’s important parts. Of course there are more parts than we list, but having a bit of knowledge about the few we highlight will prove to be quite helpful when using your pen and understand the “how to” portion of this post.

• Mouthpiece –  This part is pretty self explanatory. The mouthpiece is where you put your mouth. This piece can be unscrewed by twisting the tip in a counter-clockwise direction.
  • Ceramic Filter – The Ceramic Filter is a piece inside of the mouth piece that filters the vapor before exiting through the tip. It keeps particles of your dry herb inside of the heating chamber and out of your mouth.
  • Spring – The spring is connected to the bottom of the mouth piece. It keeps your dry herb pushed down and compacted on top of your screen.
  • Heating Chamber Shell – The shell covers the outside of the heating chamber and is adorned with a super cool design of a map of Long Beach, California. This piece also serves to protect your heating chamber from damage.
  • Heating Chamber – This is the part of vaporizer that will heat your herbs via a spiral coil on a risen platform. The Snoop Dogg G Pen heating chamber is specially made with heat resistant glass.
  • Battery – The battery powers the Vaporizer and can be recharged using the USB Cable that comes with each Snoop Dogg G Pen.

Snoop Dogg G Pen Guide

How to Turn On The Snoop Dogg G Pen Herbal Vaporizer

The Snoop Dogg G Pen uses a simple 5-Click to turn on or off system. This system is commonplace in vaporizers because it keeps your battery from losing charge and allows for the vaporizer to heat to a higher temperature. You will know the pen has turned on when the blue light at the base of the battery flashes on and off 3-4 times.

The Snoop Dogg G Pen does not immediately begin heating once turned on though. In order to begin the heating process, simply hold down the power button after it’s been turned on. This feature is great because not only does it save battery life, it also makes sure your herb is only vaporizing during each hit.

How to Use the Snoop Dogg G Pen Herbal Vaporizer

Lets move on to what you most likely came here for, how exactly to actually use the Snoop Dogg G Pen.

• Remove the Shell of the Heating Chamber

This is done by just pulling on the shell, revealing a translucent hardened glass surrounding the exposed heating component.

Note: There is an extra translucent hardened glass that comes inside the Snoop Dogg G Pen Herbal Vaporizer Kit. In some cases it can be hidden inside of the Heating Chamber shell which comes attached to the mouthpiece in an unopened box.

• Place a Steel Mesh Screen inside the Heating Chamber

This step is extremely important. Placing your herbs directly onto the heating coil will cause them to combust (to burn) rather than vaporize.  Not only does this negate the point of vaporizing your herbs rather than smoking them, it actually will cause the heating chamber to break down much quicker over time. You can purchase additional screens directly from us.

You can buy a 5-pack of the mesh screens here: Steel Mesh Screens (5 pack)

There is also a 20-pack available here: Steel Mesh Screens (20 pack)

To insert your screen simply take your packing tool and push it about 2/3s of the way down the chamber so it’s floating just above the coil. This allows your herbs to float above the coil, therefore being vaporized rather than burned.

• Place your Dry Herbs on Top of the Steel Mesh Screen

After finely grinding your herbs, place a bit on top of the Steel Mesh Screen. We recommend placing a very small amount. Over packing one’s herbs can prevent the pen from working correctly and efficiently.

• Reattach the Shell and Turn On the Vaporizer

Now you’re ready to go! Just turn on your vaporizer and hold down the button for each hit. For more detail on this part refer to the “How to Turn on the Snoop Dogg G Pen Herbal Vaporizer” section above.

Thanks For Reading Our Guide on How to Use the Snoop Dogg G Pen Herbal Vaporizer Kit!

We hope you found our guide both helpful and informative. Ultimately we think this vaporizer is ultra cool and super user friendly, a real must buy for both newbies and those looking to add some cool factor to their vaping collection.

Happy Vaping!

Get more info vaporpuffs

88 replies on “Guide: How To Use The Snoop Dogg G Pen Herbal Vaporizer Kit

• viennese

Woah! I’m reaⅼly loving the template/theme of
    thіs site. It’s sіmple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very hard to get that “perfect balance” betweеn superb
    usability and vіsual aрpeal. I must say you’ᴠe done a great joЬ with this.

In addition, the blog ⅼoads super fast for mе on Sɑfаri.
    Excellent Bloɡ!

• Cody

Just got my gpen pro and went to charge it with 3 different wall chargers idk if they were right ones but it dont turn red when i went to charge it is the light not work or do i need a universal ush plug in? Please help thx

• Service_VaporPuffs

Hi Cody,
      We always recommend a Original 5-Pin wired USB Charger, serves as the main charging device for the G Pen Elite and G Pen PRO vaporizer from the G Wall adapter or any compatible USB Port.

• sarino

Glad I found this webpage. Goo information. I just tried my snoop for the
    first time. Pretty nice. Now I am wondering if I should get the screens. I only took one hit of and lt was sure smoke and not vaper
    Thats why bought it. So no one is bothered by it. 64yrs old and nothing helps like weed does. Keep up the good work

• Terrance

Got my g pen today ships very quick with no problems. Love it put on the charger and letting it charge for 3 to 4 hours can’t wait to take the first vapor puff. In tel then I’ll check back thanks you guys.

• Sam

Hi!
    I am having a hard time getting the mesh screen in my pen- any tricks to getting it in effectively? I just received my pen and have yet to use it. However, after reading these concerns I am a little nervous on my pen purchase..

Thanks for your assistance!

• Alexa L.

Hey Sam!

Getting the screen in the first few times can definitely be tricky. You want to take the packing tool and push the screen about 2/3s of the way down the chamber. You’ll actually have to push it hard enough to bend the screen into a cone shape. Using one hand to hold the screen in place so it doesn’t slip off can be quite helpful.

Thank you!

• kat

ive tried for 2 days i finally got it in, hopefully it will stay. im about to try it, im 65, have copd, but i need this to help breathe better. cant smoke but will vape, i have the gpen dry flower kit, i was told i didnt need the screen, but im trying anyhow. i , or it it will fitsee glass screens, dont know what to get

• danyul

This comment is going out to everybody. I got hold of a G pen to try it out. Just as i suspected it doesnt work very well at all and is not a vaporiser as it is sold. Instead of wasting your money on this you should try this vaporising method at home. All you need is a good lighter with adjustable flame, a pipe and some steel mesh gauze’s. What you do is put your herb in the pipe as per normal. Instead of then lighting the herb directly and inhaling the smoke in the normal pipe smoking way, fit 2 or 3 steel mesh gauzes above the herb. Apply the flame of your lighter to the gauze or close to the gauze is best. suck gently on your pipe while applying the flame(about 15 seconds of gentle sucking). Inhale the vapour. Result. This method may take a bit of getting used to. A few tips – use a low to medium flame. experiment with different distances of flame to gauze. Dont suck hard at all. This will just have a cooling effect on the herb and will not help the vaporisation process. Try experimenting with different amounts of gauze. You want as much heat as possible to get through to the herb but you dont want a naked flame touching off it or it will burn. Its a good idea to invest in a refillable lighter. Persevere with it . You will get the hang of it after a few trys.

• danyul

just wondering if your only supposed to use dry herb and if one is not supposed to put the herb directly onto the heating element , why is there no heating element protector or screen included in the G pen design. Also, why is there no information in the box regarding this. looking forward to your reply.

Hello,

You can use it as a burner without a screen or turn it into a vaporizer with a screen. Both are valid ways to use it, but if you want it to truly be a vaporizer, you must add a screen to it. If you want to know why the manufacturer didn’t add a screen to the device, you may want to ask the manufacturer 🙂

• Nathan A Weber

I feel like it is less a vaporizer then it is a combustor. I like it because I don’t wanna vape but it’s convenient to smoke this way. Basically it’s a pen that lights your material without a lighter

• danyul

just as i suspected with my new G pen. The spring in the mouthpiece is pushing the herb against the steel mesh screen which i inserted. The steel mesh screen is then being pushed onto the heating element stopping it from glowing. To get the heating element to glow bright orange i have to pull the mouthpiece halfway off therefore leaving the pen very insecure to use. I think that spring is totally unnecessary.

• danyul

With a steel mesh inserted and the chamber has some herb in it. Will putting the mouthpiece on then push the steel mesh onto the heating element therefore damaging it? If it is ok for the steel mesh to touch off the heating element would the herb be in danger of combusting because these steel mesh screens are less than a millimetre thick ?

• Keith

I can’t suck smoke from this thing. Is this just normal? I know this construction is not a standard pipe and is just clogged. So I just wait for vaporized smoke coming from a tiny hole in a mouth piece? I really don’t know how to use this.

• Fawn

I had the same problems as all of you! It was my first vaporizer so it didn’t occur to me that it wasn’t supposed to actually catch on fire. I thought it was just a fancier battery powered bowl honestly.
      While using it as a “bowl” it wasn’t really great but it wasn’t bad either. However I had to clean it out after like ever couple of drags. The mouthpiece became clogged and no matter what I tried I couldn’t get it cleared!
      I, like most of you, was never told to keep the flower OFF the coil, therefore I was burning the bud each time and the mouth piece became so clogged up that I couldn’t use the pen at all. You do get a lot of extras when you buy the one in the box but not the blister packs. The only thing I wanted wasn’t included, another mouthpiece.

Now I think it was the fact that the bud I had then was not only amazing it was sticky…and I think it clogged the top up. If there was something in my directions on how to use the damn thing CORRECTLY or at least a small piece of paper that says “Do Not Allow Herb To Touch Coil,” even on the box somewhere…I probably would have loved this. Instead I’m stuck with a kit I can’t use unless I spend more money to buy screens and a new mouthpiece. I paid 40 or 50 already. I realize that’s not much compared to other vaporizers but to have to buy items that are needed to properly operate this one isn’t something I’m willing to do when I can just buy a new one with everything included.

Hello,

While there are some cases where people experience issues, most devices work remarkably well! The percentage of defective products is quite small. One has to remember that most people who read this guide or post comments here are people that need help. Most people generally do not have issues with the vaporizers.

• Manu

Hi
    I purchased my G pen from a smart shop in Amsterdam. Now I’m back home and I put it together, but the battery doesn’t charge. As soon as I connect it the blue light flashes three times then turns off. The light on the charger is green ( was never red). If I unplug the charger and connect the battery to the rest of the unit, then press 5 times, nothing happens. If I press and hold the button, nothing happens. This is disappointing and from the comments above it seems that my piece may be defective and I can’t do anything about it because I didn’t buy directly from you. What are my options? I’m in India

Hello Manu,

Unfortunately, it does indeed sound like your battery is defective. Aside from trying to contact the store you purchased it from, the only other thing you can do is purchase a new kit. Sorry this happened to you 🙁

• Jer

I’m having the exact problem … Bought this 6 hours ago … Charged for 4 as per instructions and it acted just as you described when charging … Was able to get 1puff off of it then acted like the battery was dead … I’ll be going back to the store tomorrow 🙁

Hi Burt,

The Snoop Dogg G Penn is an herbal vaporizer. It is not meant for use with oils. You should only use it with dry herbs. In fact, oils will absolutely ruin the “herbal tank”.

• Sam F

Hi, When I go to hit the Snoop Dogg G pen, It only hits occasionally and never on the first puff ( even if i am well using it, I hold the button at the same time and of course in On mode)

Have you got an idea about what could be the problem ? What piece should I try to change?

• Blaise A.

Hi I bought my snoop g pen at my local smoke shop and referring to your question to Sam F. My pen is also not working in that I press the button and it just flashes three times Pretty sure it’s not in lock mode. Any help?

Hello Blaise,

If you are sure the battery is turned on and is fully charged, it sounds like you may possibly have a defective battery on hand. Try contacting the local shop where you bought it to see if they will replace it for you.

• Bri

I recently purchased a gpen, I’m aware of how to use it. But for some reason when I push the button it flashes 3 times , after that I then try to turn it off and it continues to flash, when I dyassemble the battery they blue light stays on ! What it the problem my pen is brand new and this is my 2nd one with the same problem,

Hello Bri,

The flashing blue light typically means your battery has discharged. If charging the battery does not fix your issue, it is possible that your battery is defective. If you purchased your Snoop Dogg G Pen from our shop, please contact us so that we may provide you with further assistance!

• ignacio

hey i was going through this site and saw you had the same problem as me, maybe you fixed it already but i dont know, but i feel like helping today hahaha, the secret is you have to unscrew the top just a little bit, and try again, if it doesnt work do it a bit more and so on till it does, if it doesnt, then im not sure my friend, hope i helped!

• Kris

I received one as a gift, has the metal authenticity card. The battery worked fine, and now the light on the battery will not turn on, and the charger seems to slip right out. Also do not seem to be getting any charge to the recently cleaned chambers. Any help would be appreciated. Sad to see that just after 7 days it has failed.

Hello Kris,

Unfortunately, it sounds like your chamber and/or battery is defective. While this is not very common, it does happen. Fortunately, the Snoop Dogg G Pen does carry a warranty if purchased from us and we could provide you with a replacement. If you purchased it here, please contact us directly so we could be of further assistance!

Hello Erika,

Its strange to hear that your G Pen will not turn off. Are you sure you are pressing the button fast enough? Try more than 5 times as well.

Hello Ben,

It sounds like your battery is indicating some sort of damage. If your vaporizer was purchased with us, please contact us directly and we will provide you with further assistance!

Hello Ernesto,

Is the battery lighting up when you press the power button? If so, the issue is likely with the heating chamber and not the battery. Battery issues are very uncommon. If you purchased your G Pen here, please contact us so we can provide you with further assistance!

• nicole

I bought one yesterday and am already having problems. I bought this one even though more expensive expecting it would be better quality and last a while. The coil seems to be broken and im pretty upset

Hello Nicole,

We are very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your vaporizer. If you purchased it from us, please contact us directly and we will be sure to assist you with any issues!

• Stone Mount

I’m Haveing Problems With My Snoop Dogg G Pen Tha Battey Is Fine When It’s By Itself But When InScrew The Mouh Peice On the Light Grows Dim & It Won’t Heat Up I Think it Just Don’t Got Enoght Power I Think it Might Have Been Damaged In Shipping Or Might Just Be a Ba Battry I Just Got It In Tha Mail yesterday And I Unboxed it then put it on tha charger then whent to work can back last night and it still didn’t heat up any help? I’ve tried to contact you guys more than once

Hello,

We did receive your emails and have replied to them with some possible solutions. Did you never receive our emails? It is possible they ended up in your spam folder.

• Jen

I had the same problem with mine. Full charge, but it wouldn’t heat up. Gave it a thorough cleaning, still nothing. Out of curiosity, I went by my local dollar store and picked up an eye glass repair kit. Used the small Phillips head (star head) to make sure those 2 tiny screws were still snug (VERY carefully). They felt as though they hardly moved if at all. PROBLEM SOLVED! 😉 hope it helps. My g pen works like day 1 again.